International Literacy Association (ILA)
The International Literacy Association (ILA) will discontinue SPA Program Review with National Recognition as part of the CAEP accreditation process effective August 1, 2019. Moving forward, EPPs participating in the CAEP process that offer licensure, certification, or endorsement programs preparing Reading Specialists for P-12 education will be reviewed using either the CAEP Evidence Review of Standard One (formerly known as CAEP Program Review with Feedback) or the State Program Review option.
- Programs that received National Recognition from ILA by spring 2019 will be listed on the CAEP website as nationally recognized until the expiration of that status or contingent on the provider's CAEP accreditation status. CAEP will play no role in making National Recognition determinations in conjunction with ILA moving forward.
- Programs that had started the SPA Initial Review process for their upcoming CAEP site visit and are in the process of submitting Revised or Response to Conditions Reports will have the following options:
- They may use the ILA SPA decision report from Initial Review as evidence of program review on the self-study report (due nine months before CAEP site visit) and provide evidence of programmatic improvements that have been made based on the SPA feedback.
- If the state allows, the program may select the State Review option and change the status of the program from “SPA Review” to “State Review” for accreditation purposes.
- If the state allows, the program may select the CAEP Evidence Review of Standard One option and change the status of the program from “SPA Review” to “Feedback” for accreditation purposes
For further information from the International Literacy Association, EPPs may contact ILA at email@example.com. For questions on program review requirements as part of the CAEP accreditation process, contact CAEPPrograms@caepnet.org.